Free UK Mainland Delivery*
Free Returns within 365 Days
Over 25 years experience
- Cut length: 50cm x 100cm (linear metre)1 item
- Full roll: 50cm x 10m1 item
- 58cm x 86cm1 item
- 60cm x 90cm3item
- 60cm x 100cm1 item
- Cut length: 60cm x 100cm (linear metre)3item
- Full roll: 60cm x 10m3item
- Cut length: 61cm x 30cm (linear ft approx)2item
- 62cm x 96cm1 item
- 61cm x 84cm1 item
- 61cm x 91cm4item
- Cut length: 75cm x 100cm (linear metre)1 item
- Full roll: 75cm x 10m1 item
- 84cm x 147cm1 item
- 86cm x 142cm2item
- 86cm x 277cm1 item
- 90cm x 150cm5item
- 90cm x 180cm2item
- Cut length: 91cm x 30cm (linear ft approx)2item
- Cut length: 91cm x 100cm (linear metre)3item
- 91cm x 152cm4item
- 91cm x 366cm2item
- Cut length: 91cm x 5m1 item
- Full roll: 91cm x 10m3item
- 96cm x 160cm1 item
- Cut length: 100cm x 100cm (linear metre)1 item
- Full roll: 100cm x 10m1 item
- 117cm x 175cm1 item
- Cut length: 122cm x 30cm (linear ft approx)2item
- Cut length: 122cm x 100cm (linear metre)2item
- 122cm x 183cm3item
- Cut length: 122cm x 5m1 item
- Full roll: 122cm x 10m2item
- Full roll: 61cm x 18.29m1 item
- Full roll: 91cm x 18.29m1 item
- Full roll: 122cm x 18.29m1 item
Anti-Fatigue Mats are ideal for people who are required to stand for a long period of time, especially on hard surfaces. This can cause major health issues, such as lower back problems, muscle fatigue, joint pains and many other issues. Not only does this affect the wellbeing of workers, but this leads to poor work productivity and absenteeism.
We at Mats4U offer a wide selection of durable, high-performing Anti-Fatigue Mats that are designed to tackle this problem and provide long-term comfort for employees. Our Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed to alleviate stress from muscles, improve blood circulation, reduce pain and prevent serious health issues. They are also suitable to use in any work setting, whether in production lines, warehouses, cash/customer service desks, hair salons, commercial kitchens, workstations, and other environments. We have Anti-Fatigue mats suitable for all industrial settings that performs well in any situation, even in harsh weather or industrial conditions.
How do Anti-Fatigue Mats work?
When standing on hard surfaces, your muscles are constricted, and blood flow is decreased. This makes it harder for blood to pump around constricted areas, and leads to pain, discomfort and fatigue. However, when an Anti-Fatigue Mat is in use, they provide comfort that influences muscle movement and blood circulation, which reduces fatigue. What enhances the performance of Anti-Fatigue Mats is the cushion inside. The cushion contains anti-fatigue properties and is surrounded by either solid nitrile rubber, PVC or other robust materials, which protects the cushion core.
Our Anti-Fatigue Mats are proven to benefit many workers and help increase work productivity, reduce pain, and decrease the risk of injuries.
Benefits of Anti-Fatigue Mats
Here are some of the many benefits of using anti-fatigue matting in the workplace:
- Improve muscle movement
- Reduce fatigue
- Increase work productivity
- Protect employees from injury
- Offer insulation from cold floors
- Prevent slip, trip and fall accidents
- Improve posture
Which Anti-Fatigue Mat should I choose?
There are many anti-fatigue mats to choose from and picking the right one depends the environment in which the matting is placed, and the amount of use it will get.
Things you need to consider when choosing an anti-fatigue mat are as follows:
- Working with chemicals, oils or grease? Most of the anti fatigue floor mats we sell has resistance to chemicals, oils and grease. Be sure to check our Chemical Compatibility Chart if this is a requirement. For wet areas and kitchens, Comfort Flow is ideal or see our full range of Anti Fatigue Kitchen Mats.
- Wet or Dry area? This influences the material of the anti-fatigue matting you should choose. See below for foam vs. rubber anti-fatigue mats.
- Fixed Size or Rolls? Think about whether your employees stand in a fixed space at a workstation or move up and down a bar or production line for example. This will influence whether you need anti-fatigue roll matting or fixed sized matting. Our commercial anti fatigue mats either come in fixed sizes for workstations, such as Hog Heaven, or on rolls or in tiles for larger areas.
Anti-Fatigue Mat Sizes
To make sure your anti-fatigue mat is covering all surface areas, our mats come in different sizes for large, medium and small surface areas. In addition, some of our mats come as modular tiles that fits together like jigsaws for larger or complicated areas. Anti-Fatigue Matting rolls are also available for lengthier environments such as production lines.
Anti-Fatigue Mats with safety borders
Our anti-fatigue mats go beyond providing comfort and improving the wellbeing of workers. Just like comfort, safety is crucial for workers in any work setting. That is why we provide anti-fatigue mats with bevelled edges to prevent trips, and optional yellow borders to make the mat visible.
Where are Anti Fatigue Mats used?
Anti-Fatigue Mats can be placed anywhere where workers are required to stand for long periods of time. Applications include:
- Production and assembly lines
- Distribution centres
- Commercial kitchens and restaurants
- Cash/customer service desk
- Behind Bars
- Hair salons
- Hotel reception desks
- Airport security areas
Are Anti-Fatigue Mats required by law?
Anti-Fatigue Mats are not required by law, but we advise using this solution to improve health and safety in the workplace and increase employee comfort and wellbeing.
Foam Anti-Fatigue Mats vs Rubber Anti-Fatigue Mats
Both foam and rubber Anti-Fatigue Mats provide the same basic functions, however:
- Foam Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed for dry areas only with low to medium foot traffic. Liquids are easily absorbed when in contact with the foam mat and this could lead to damage and ineffectiveness. Places suitable for foam anti fatigue mats would be customer service/reception desks, cash desks and other dry areas.
- Rubber Anti-Fatigue Mats are suitable for wet areas. Unlike foam mats, they resist liquids and are durable in medium to high foot traffic areas. Rubber Anti-Fatigue Mats perform well in areas such as warehouses, factories, commercial kitchens, behind bars, or any other wet areas.
How often should I replace Anti-Fatigue Mats?
Replacing your Anti-Fatigue Mats depends on where your mat is placed, foot traffic, exposure to liquids, maintenance, and the type of material.
If you deal with chemicals, oils or any other liquids, ideally you should have a rubber anti-fatigue mat in the area. Rubber anti-fatigue mats tend to last longer and can withstand higher foot traffic compared to foam. This is due to the hardwearing rubber surface. Therefore, we recommend replacing rubber anti-fatigue mats every 3 - 5 years. Foam anti-fatigue mats are built for lower foot traffic and dry areas, and we recommend replacing foam mats every 1 - 3 years.
How to check if your Anti fatigue needs replacing
To play it safe, check for wear and tear, chipped edges, and grazed surface texture. You can also check the mats cushion core by seeing if it leaves compression when weight is added. The mat should return back to its original shape. If not, this shows that the mat has run its course and needs replacing.
How to clean Anti Fatigue Mats
Foam Anti Fatigue Mats - Since foam mats are for dry only areas, we recommend using a damp cloth or mop to clean them. Be sure to let the mat dry before usage. Please refrain from using abrasive cleaning equipment as this can cause wear and tear.
Rubber Anti Fatigue Mats - Rubber mats can be cleaned with either the same method as foam anti-fatigue mars, or they can be pressure washed or hosed down.
Anti-Fatigue Mats for wheeled traffic
Anti-Fatigue Mats with a bevelled edge is more suitable for wheeled traffic as it allows an easier transition over the mat. Rubber anti-fatigue mats are also advised with wheeled traffic as they are durable, and this will prevent damage. Foam anti-fatigue mats should be avoided since they are not easy for wheeled traffic to manoeuvre on.
Chemical Resistant Anti-Fatigue Mats
If your environment is exposed to harsh chemicals or other similar substances, chemical resistant anti fatigue mats can withstand these elements whilst proving safety and comfort. This matting solution is suitable for places like industrial facilities, kitchens and other locations with repeated exposure to chemicals. Have a look at our Chemical Compatibility Chart to find the most suitable mat for you.
Need help choosing the right Anti-Fatigue Mat?
We want to help you find the right mat. Go to our Contact us page, or, during UK office hours, use our Live Chat.