Free UK Mainland Delivery*
Buy With Confidence, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Over 25 years experience
- Mat Size 85cm x 115cm Remove This Item
Are you looking for an effective and high-quality entrance mat & commercial mats for your business? Entrance door mats and commercial door mats help make those first impressions count in business and making sure your office floor or commercial unit is presentable and clean is important, especially when it comes to employing talented individuals and inviting business clients to your premises. This is why our high-quality entrance mats are built to make sure those first impressions count.
At Mats4U, we have a wide selection of commercial mats, entrance door mats and entrance matting for both inside and outside use that can help to not only transform the look of your office but also help to prevent up to 90% of dirt from entering your building. Having a high-quality commercial door mat or entrance mat at the entrance to your business or office building will encourage employees and visitors to wipe their feet, which in turn helps to reduce the transfer of dirt around your business.
What should entrance matting do?
An effective entrance mat should do the following 4 things:
- Prevent dirt and moisture coming into the building
- Hold onto dirt and moisture until it can be cleaned
- Stop dirt and moisture being tracked off the mat
- Provide a safe walking surface
Our Entrance mats serve the purpose of effectively removing dirt and moisture from footwear. We provide a range of high-quality entrance mats suitable for any business or home, with great value for money. With effective scraping capabilities combined with highly absorbent materials, our mats prevent unwanted particles from migrating into your facility, ensuring your premises is safe and clean.
Outdoor Entrance Mats
An outdoor entrance mat needs to be able to endure harsh weather conditions, from cold and snowy, to hot and sunny. Rubber outdoors mats are very durable and will not crack, split or curl, no matter what the weather condition.
At Mats4U, our outdoor entrance mats are constructed with materials, such as nitrile rubber, to survive all weather conditions. They also have the power to tackle heavy dirt, grit, snow, ice and excess water, ensuring that no unwanted particles are tracked into your premises. Offering you durability and constructed from hard-wearing nitrile rubber, these mats are guaranteed to last up to 5 years.
For outdoor, an all rubber mat with raised scrape numbers and drainage holes is the best choice, such as the Value Rubber Scraper Mat with Holes.
Indoor Entrance Mats
The indoor entrance mat is the main entrance mat, and in most cases the only entrance mat that businesses and homes opt for. The indoor entrance mat, therefore, must do much of the work in terms of stopping dirt and water getting into your premises.
For those that only have one entrance mat in place, it is important to invest in one that will perform very well, to save yourself on cleaning costs and reduce slip and fall accidents.
The best choice is indoor entrance mat with raised sections to wipe and scrape footwear and it should have a fabric top which is able to soak up and contain moisture. A great example is the Waterhog Classic. You may need to regularly clean this mat, so that it doesn’t become saturated with dirt and water. So we advise you to check that the mat is easy to clean.
What size Entrance Mat should I choose?
The Carpet and Rug Institute recommends a minimum of 12-15 feet (3.6 – 4.5m) of entrance matting to remove 90% of tracked in soil.
Most entrances we come across do not have anywhere near this amount of entrance matting, in fact the most popular entrance mat size purchased in the UK are 3x5 and 4x6 foot mats.
You can often judge if your current mat is the right length or not by looking a little beyond the edge of the mat. Do it still have wet or muddy footprints beyond the mat? If so, you can assume that the coverage is not right for the circumstances.
To remove the most amount of dirt and water, and to keep your entrance safe, we recommend that you buy the largest mat that you can for your entrance. People do not wipe their feet, so you want people to take as many steps on your matting as possible, which will help to protect your floors and keep them clean and dry.
Types of Entrance Mats
- Rubber Backed vs. Vinyl Backed Entrance Mats – Vinyl backed entrance mats are much cheaper than rubber backed, but there is a reason. Rubber is super durable and suitable for high traffic areas, whereas Vinyl or PVC is prone to cracking, splitting or curling and can also creep along the floor.
- Bi-Level vs. Flat Entrance Mats – With bi-level entrance mats, the upper surface scrapes and wipes footwear, and the lower level collects and stores the dirt until cleaner, to avoid it being tracked into the building on the surrounding floors. Single layer, or flat entrance mats are usually better for drying, however there is nowhere for the dirt to filter, so it can sometimes be tracked onto the surrounding floors.
- Cotton vs. Nylon Entrance Mats – Cotton entrance mats are great for mopping up water, however it can take a long time to dry, so is best for low traffic areas. In contract, Nylon dries super quickly, and is the preferred choice for busy entrance areas.
Cleaning your Entrance Matting
Keeping your entrance mats clean is paramount for keeping them effective and performing well. They spend all day removing and holding on to dirt and water, so it is important that they are cleaned regularly so that the don’t become overloaded and therefore less effective. Each mat will have different cleaning instructions, check out the cleaning tab on each product for specific instructions.
How long will your Entrance Mat last?
How long entrance matting will last will depend on several factors:
- The type of backing – rubber backed mats will always be longer lasting than PVC or Vinyl.
- The amount of mat pile – look for the weight of the face fabric, the heavier the better!
- The amount of foot traffic – busy entrances will require a more durable mat in order to increase the lifetime.
In addition to this, the better you look after your mat, the longer it will last. Refer to our above point on how to clean your entrance mat.
3 Mat Entrance System
To get the most out of your mats, using the 3 mat entrance system can provide you extra support in preventing dirt and water from entering your building.
- The first step of the system is to have a strong rubber outdoor entrance mat. This mat is the first to come in contact with footwear, so it’s ideal to have a mat that can handle heavy mud, moisture and grit. We recommend our Value Rubber Scraper Mat as a great choice.
- As soon as people enter your premises, indoor entrance mats are ideal to remove moderate levels of dirt and water. A great suggestion is our Waterhog Classic, which is bi level constructed and capable of trapping debris within the mat, making sure it doesn’t get transferred into buildings.
- Finally, the finishing mat removes the remains off footwear by absorbing moisture and removing finer dirt and dust. Tri Grip Heavy Duty is one of our most popular and performs extremely well as a finishing mat in high foot traffic areas.
Prevent Slips & Trips with Commercial Entrance Mats
Commercial entrance mats are also great at preventing slips and trips as they can help to absorb excess water, which, if allowed to build up in a reception area or office building, is a health and safety issue. Our most effective commercial door mats to absorb water are Waterhog mats. These heavy duty entrance mats are designed for areas of high footfall, such as doorways, corridors and reception areas, they are made with a high-quality water absorbing material that not many other commercial entrance matting can outperform. Stop dirt, grime and water at the door with Mats4U’s entrance door mats and heavy duty entrance matting.
Entrance Matting Advice
If you would like expert advice on choosing the right entrance door mats for your business or would like further information on the types of entrance mats we have available to order, please feel free to contact our expert team via the Contact Us page or, during UK office hours, use our Live Chat service.